Who says things should always go as planned? We say the best dates are those that happen unexpectedly ❤️.
Here are our top 10 spontaneous date ideas ✨.
|Date Idea||Time of Day||Best suited to||Budget||Duration (hours)|
|Take a spontaneous road trip||Day||Adventurers||c$20||3-4|
|Mystery flight||Day/Night||Jet-setters||c$1,000||Up to you!|
|Shopping: Pick your partner’s outfit||Day||Fashionistas||c$100||2-3|
|Couple’s dual-workout routine||Day||Fitness Fans||Free||1-2|
|Rent local hotel room (OneNight.com)||Night||Romantics||c$150||1 Night|
|Swim in the ocean at sunrise||Day||Romantics||Free||1-2|
|Buy a puzzle or Rubik’s cube and solve it at a café or cozy pub||Day/Night||Nerds at heart||c$20||2-3|
|Go bargain hunting on Facebook Marketplace||Day/Night||Shopaholics||Free||1-2|
|Find open stages and sing “Bohemian Rhapsody.”||Night||Drunk Lisa & Scott||c$100||1-3|
The more unplanned the date is, the better!
1. Take a spontaneous road trip
Ever felt like you want to go on a road trip 🚗 with your bae 💕? It doesn’t matter if you’re just a new couple or if you’ve been together for year. Fire up the old school beats on the radio 📻 while you’re both singing it at the top of your lungs!
This date will definitely transport you back to the time where you’re young, wild, and carefree ☺️.
- This date idea is perfect for couples who want to relax 😌, destress, and forget about everything for the time being.
- The love language of your partner ideal for this kind of spontaneous date is quality time ⏱. Nothing can get more “quality” than the time you’ll spend together on this ride!
- You won’t need much for this date – just grab your keys 🔑 and go. Spend at most $10-$20 for gas, and you’re all good to go.
- Get into the car 🚗 with no questions asked.
- Pull out your maps 🗺 (for that complete vintage Bonnie and Clyde feel) or turn on your Waze. Enter a location 📍 you’d like to go to. But, since this is a spontaneous date, we suggest that it’s so much better to just go wherever you want to. It doesn’t have to be far – it might even be in a familiar old parking 🏞 lot which overlooks the city or to a drive-thru.
- Play songs 🎧 and sing to your heart’s ❤️ content!
2. Mystery flight
This is a more adventurous take for the spontaneous drive 🚘 kind of date, then booking a mystery flight ✈️ should be included on your bucket list. You can either book the flight yourself or request for the airline 🛫 company to do it, so it’d be a surprise 🥳 for the both of you!
- It’s the perfect extra ✨, and over-the-top spontaneous kind of date fit for your adventurous and thrill-seeking partner.
- The most suited love language of your partner for this date is “Gifts” as you are going shouting your bae one hell of a vacation 😉.
- The budget 💰 for this date will depend on your desired destination. But if you truly want it to be a surprise 🎉 destination, you can give a budget to the airline company, and they will be the ones to choose where you’re going depending on the budget you’ve set. Allot at least $1,000 or more for this trip. Again, it will depend on where you’d want to go.
- Contact 📞 the airline company. Assuming you’d want the destination to be a “mystery” for the both of you, ask if they offer a mystery flight ✈️. If they do, ask for the range of the prices they offer.
- Book the flight. Most airlines will email you where you’re going 2-3 business days prior to your trip. However, it’s still up to you if you’d check it or not. For that extreme “mystery flight” feel, refrain from checking this and just get the necessary information like your boarding gate and time ⌚️ of departure.
- Enjoy going on a “mystery flight” kind of date with your bae 😘. Make the most out of where you’re going! It’s not common to book these kinds of flights, so treasure every moment of it.
3. Shopping: Pick your partner’s outfit
Nothing can go wrong with shopping 🛍 for new clothes 👖. Whether you’d want to revamp their whole closet or just want to add some new pieces to their existing clothing ensemble, then this is the way to go.
- This date idea will definitely be a hit if your partner loves shopping!
- Your partner’s ideal love language for this date is “gifts” 🎁 – 100% guaranteed 💯 that they’ll appreciate the clothes you buy for them.
- Shopping 🛒 for your partner, especially if you’ve already been accustomed to how they dress 👗, will be a fun 🤩 bonding activity for you both!
- Let your partner choose the store you’re going to shop in.
- Pick out clothes for your partner. For a fun experience, we recommend that your bae won’t see the clothes you picked out first. They’ll only see the clothes once they fit them.
- As a part of the game, you can ask them to rate 📈 what you picked out!
- We would allow a $100 budget for this date.
4. Couple’s dual-workout routine
Working out with your bae doesn’t have to mean that you have to be both physically fit. As long as you’re both willing to try it together, then that’s what matters most.
- This is a perfect date idea if your partner enjoys doing anything physical 🚴♂️, particularly that of working out.
- Your partner’s ideal love language for this activity is “quality time” or “physical touch.” 🤗
- If you’re both beginners, then you can expect laugh 😂 breaks in between while you’re trying to figure out the exercises. However, if either you or your partner is a pro already, then it’ll be a lot easier for the other party to get the proper stance.
- Choose a workout that you’d want to do with your partner. If both of you are beginners, it’s best to choose a workout 🏋️♀️ that you’re both comfortable in doing.
- Blast a hip workout song 🎶. It’s always fun to move with some beats playing!
- Have fun working out with your bae! You can also incorporate this into your daily routine if you both have the time. There’s nothing wrong with choosing to go for the healthier 🥬 route!
5. Rent local hotel room (OneNight.com)
Checking in a hotel 🏨 room doesn’t just have to happen on special occasions. You can get as spontaneous as you can with this idea. Book the hotel, ask for a candlelit 🕯 dinner, and just enjoy the view 🌃. It doesn’t have to be planned up until the very small details; you just have to be with your bae.
- Book a hotel room using OneNight.com. The process is very easy – you can get a room in just a few taps.
- Running out of ideas on what to do during your stay? Don’t worry! They have insider tips on what you can see, do, try, and taste during your entire stay.
- You don’t have to worry thinking about giving your partner the best and most unique hotel experience. That’s what’s great about OneNight – they offer a wide selection of hotels with great prices 🏷 (generally $100-$150 per night).
- Download the “OneNight” application in Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) 📱.
- Choose the city 🌃 where you’ll be staying and book your stay.
- Enjoy your stay at the hotel. You can just sit around and watch 📺 Netflix, swim at the pool 🏊♀️, or look at the stars ⭐️ from your room’s balcony.
6. Swim in the ocean at sunrise
Ah, this is another one of those spontaneous date ideas that came straight from a movie 🎥 scene. Who wouldn’t love the ocean 🌊? The same goes for the sunrise 🌅 – without any doubt, it’s the perfect combination for a wonderful date idea.
- This type of date is perfect for couples who are the romantic type 🌲.
- The most suitable love language of your partner for this kind of data is “physical touch” – as you can cuddle with one another while watching the sunrise!
- If you have a perfect beach 🏖 spot, this works very well for you. But if you’re both not morning persons or if your partner isn’t, at the very least, make it a point to put in effort into witnessing this majestic view. It only makes everything more wonderful.
- Book a stay at your favorite beach resort. It’s also a good idea to book a place where you haven’t been to before!
- Wait for the sunrise while swimming 🏊♂️ in the ocean. Hug 🤗 your partner as you do so and tell them how lucky you are to be in the same place.
- Book a hearty breakfast 🍳 meal for two afterward. We recommend picking a restaurant with the ocean 🌊 in view.
7. Buy a puzzle or Rubik’s cube and solve it at a café or cozy pub
Want to do something challenging while chilling? This activity is perfect for couples who love to solve puzzles 🧩 together. You don’t have to be both good at it. Solving a puzzle with someone takes away how hard it is!
- This spontaneous date is most suited if your partner loves to think critically and solve puzzles.
- The most suited love language for this date is “quality time” 🕰- you can expect to spend a lot of time together while doing this activity!
- Buy a 100 piece puzzle or Rubik’s cube that you and your partner would like to solve (generally $20 from Amazon).
- Choose a comfy pub or café. It doesn’t have to be a new one, rather in a place wherein you’d feel at ease staying for hours.
- Order some drinks such as coffee ☕️ or your favorite alcoholic drink 🍺 and enjoy solving these puzzles with your bae.
Skating on ice ⛸ will always be a good idea. Almost no one really plans when their next ice 🧊 skating session will be so it’s fitting that you try this kind of spontaneous date out.
- This date is ideal if your partner is the active kind.
- If your partner’s love language is “quality time,” this is the perfect kind of date for them.
- Whether you and your partner are either pros or beginners for this kind of activity, it’s guaranteed that you’ll have a fun time with this date!
- Book an ice-skating session or if the weather conditions are favorable, skate on the lake. Put your skating gears on and race with your significant other (if you’re both pros) or laugh endlessly as one of you tumbles (if you’re beginners).
- Go on a lunch or dinner date 🍽 afterward! You can expect to feel very hungry 🤤 after skating. Order everything that will satisfy you and your partner’s cravings 🍔. You both deserve it!
- Ice-skating rinks charge about $15 per hour per skater.
9. Go bargain hunting on Facebook Marketplace
Want to spend time with your bae without having to go outside? You’ll even get to shop 🛍 with them. All you have to do is log in to the Facebook Marketplace. You don’t even have to buy – it’s really the new way of window 🪟 shopping.
- This date will be enjoyed the most if your partner loves to shop.
- The most suited love language of your partner for this kind of data is “gifts” 🎁 especially if you’re really planning on buying something for them.
- Marketplace is a great place to score deals, even on items you can see in stores.
- Log in to your Facebook 🤳 account and go to the Marketplace.
- Search for the item you’re eyeing 👀 to buy. If the item you’re looking for isn’t that rare, chances are, there are a lot of sellers offering them on the platform. So, don’t settle on one seller yet; take time to browse some more; after all, it doesn’t take much energy to scroll.
10. Find open stages and sing “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
This could possibly be the greatest date idea of all time. Picture you and bae after…about 7 or 8 cocktails (more or less!)…which were consumed at various establishments around the CBD.
On your way to another bar, suddenly a wild unguarded conference room appears! We’re soon equipped with a stage, microphone and iPhone for recording. Well, clearly this is the universe telling us to grab the microphones and start singing Bohemian Rhapsody!
And that’s exactly what we did one-night 😊.
- Spontaneous, budget orientated and memorable? A big yes to all three!
- Your date shouldn’t be the shy type or easily embarrassed. A little bravery will go away too.
- Some copious cocktails – neigh, all the cocktails! (Budget approximately $100).
- Locate the wild and evasive conference room within the hotel.
- Sing, sing and sing some more!
- When caught by security, saying ‘there was no sign saying we couldn’t do this’ seems to work just fine.
We researched the popularity of all these dates (employing Google’s keyword search data) and found that the ‘Spontaneous Road Trip’ was the most popular date in this category. ‘Open Stages with Bohemian Rhapsody’ was the least searched idea (no surprises there!).
It pays to plan 🗓 dates, but no one can deny the thrill brought about by spontaneous dates! If you and your partner plan everything up until the very last detail of your date, trying out an unplanned one is a great way for you to loosen up and incorporate something new into your relationship.
After all, it won’t really matter whether everything will go smoothly as planned or not – all that matters is you’ve enjoyed your day with your bae. Nothing can get any more perfect than that! ❤️