Sometimes all a couple needs is a dose of romance. On the lookout for a date that allows for some intimate moments? Here are our top 10 date ideas for kissing, perfect for when you and your partner are feeling a little extra flirty ❤️🔥.
|Date Idea||Time of Day||Best suited to||Budget||Duration (hours)|
|Rent a tandem bike 🚲||Day||Fitness Junkies||c$40||2-4|
|Have a simple picnic in the park 🏞️||Day||Romantics||c$50||1-2|
|Go to the movies (and pay for premium tickets with all the popcorn!) 🍿||Night||Cinephiles||c$150||1-2|
|Hot air balloon 🎈||Day||Romantics||c$400||1|
|National sports event (Kiss cam!) 🏅||Day||Sport Lovers||c$200||2-3|
|Mountain Hiking ⛰️||Day||Fitness Junkies||Free||2-3|
|Beach walk during sunset 🌇||Evening||Romantics||Free||1-2|
|Horse-drawn carriage ride 🐎||Evening||Romantics||c$260||1|
|Dance in the rain 🌦️||Day||Romantics||Free||0.5-1|
|Show your partner around secret spots at your university/college 😘||Day||Nerds at heart||Free||1-2|
- 🚲 Rent a tandem bike 🚲
This is perfect if you want to try an adventurous activity with just a little added privacy!
- This date idea works best if your partner likes to be more active and enjoys the outdoors.
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Words of Affirmation’, as you will be pushing each other to bike faster and cheering on one another along the cycling trail.
- You can rent a tandem bike for as little as $40 for half a day or $75 for a whole day, making it the perfect budget adventure for you and your partner.
- The best hours for tandem biking are during the early morning or late afternoon when the sun is not at its brightest and there’s a lovely breeze to accompany you during your adventure.
- One way to really take this date to the next level would be to prepare a gourmet picnic to take with you 🧺. You can enjoy all that amazing food once you take a break from biking, making it the perfect stop to grab a bite and a quick smooch 💋
2. 🏞️ Have a simple picnic in the park 🏞️
Who said simple can’t be truly special? If you’re craving an easy to plan and romantic outing with your bae, a classic picnic in the park never fails!
- This kind of date is ideal if your partner enjoys the little things in life, has a nearby park that they love to go to, and likes romantic outings.
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Quality Time’ since you’ll be spending a good number of hours together, preparing the basket and enjoying your outdoor picnic.
- The cost of this date depends on what you include in your picnic basket! You can either make it a budget outing and play around with what’s already in your pantry or spoil yourselves and but indulgent ingredients to cook with.
- We usually spend about $50 on these kinds of picnics (our basket includes a baguet, cheese (goats, brie or epoisses if we want to splash out), fruit (blueberries or raspberries), chocolate, pancetta and a reasonably priced bottle of champagne).
- Admittedly, the champagne in the picture above cost a little more than this $50 estimate, but we’re sure you get the idea!
- Make sure to prepare your basket with food you’ll both enjoy. Maybe even include a board game or two to play while in the park! It can add some extra fun to your picnic date.
- When settling on a spot in the park, choose one where you’ll be able to spend a quiet, intimate, and picturesque picnic together. If there’s a hill with a view at the top – that’s where you’ll go! The more isolated, the more romantic and fairy-tale like the date can be! 🥰
3. 🍿 Go to the movies (and pay for premium tickets with all the popcorn!) 🍿
What better place for kissing than the movies? It has all the nostalgia and perfect ambiance for a few smooches whilst watching an entertaining film. 📽️
- This date works best if your partner is a cinephile. Bonus points if they’re not too shy to give you a kiss when you’re there!
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Receiving Gifts’, as you can treat your partner to the best seats in the theatre and all their favorite candy, including popcorn!
- Premium movie tickets start at about $80 for 2 tickets plus extra for the most indulgent and relaxing seats, wine, and ‘gourmet’ food. Of course, they can go up as high as $250 for an overly luxurious experience (including champagne, wine and other treats). We usually spend about $120-$150 for this kind of date.
- Book your tickets in advance and enjoy peace of mind. This is especially important if the movie you’re planning on watching is a popular one.
- If you want to truly amp up the romance factor of this date, pick a romantic comedy as your movie. This will ensure a perfect atmosphere on the theatre for you and your partner to make the most out of the experience in a fun, flirty way.
- Go to a night-time screening! Especially the later ones, it will ensure a more mature audience and a less crowded theatre.
4. 🎈 Hot air balloon 🎈
In need of a seriously unique date that is pack-full of romance? Look no further, you and our partner will be soaring across the sky on this marvelous adventure.
- This date will be successful if your partner isn’t petrified of heights!
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Gifts’.
- This date lays more on the expensive side, with prices starting at $300 per person for a 1-hour experience.
- The absolute best time for this date is sunrise (the key to the most breathtaking views ever). Book your hot air balloon outing for the sunrise time slot and you’re guaranteed to feel the love in the air.
- Don’t forget your camera! Or fully charge your phone the night before so you can take as many pictures as you want during the experience. Be sure to snap a picture of you and your partner kissing with the sun rising in the background. 🌅
- A sweet way to finish off this date is to go ahead and print some of the pictures you took at a photography store, making sure to pick a lovely frame for them. You’ll have timeless memorabilia in a flash!
5. 🏅 National sports event (Kiss cam!) 🏅
Is there anything more smooch-worthy than the chance of being featured on the kiss camera during a sports event? The flashes, the crowds, the excitement… what a fun date! 💕
- This date is the perfect outing if your bae is a sports fan and wouldn’t mind a little public display of affection.
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Words of Affirmation’ as you get the chance to have the whole stadium cheering on you if you get featured on the kiss cam.
- Attending a national sports event can be an expensive date. Usually, though it depends on the sport and seats you choose, prices start at $80 per person and can run into the thousands for some popular events.
- Be sure to get your tickets in advance since a lot of sports lovers are looking to attend these events, it’s always better to avoid headaches and just get it done from the get-go.
- Prepare an additional budget for food and beverages because there will be food vendors in the stadium or venue, and you might be tempted to buy a few tasty snacks.
- If you really want to treat your partner, pick their favorite sport and make it a surprise date for them. Tell them the way to thank you is by making sure you two appear on the kiss cam! 💑
6. ⛰️ Mountain Hiking ⛰️
Still want the intimate and romantic feels but prefer something more adventurous? A hike is a sporty yet personal activity that’s perfect for a date suited for kissing.
- Mountain hiking works best as a date if your partner likes to be active and enjoys being in the great outdoors.
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Quality Time’ since you’ll be caring for and helping each other as you hike through the challenging and breathtaking mountain trails.
- This date idea is ideal if you’re looking for an inexpensive outing. Trails are usually free to entry and all you need is yourselves to have a great time.
- The first step towards successful mountain hiking is to choose the right trail for your date. Are you and your partner feeling extra bold or do you prefer an easier trail? AllTrails has a good browser in case you want to check out the paths near you, including difficulty levels and closing / opening hours.
- Don’t be afraid to let romance flow as you hike through the mountains, there’ll be plenty of opportunities for physical contact such as lending your partner a hand or brushing their arm when pointing out a direction.
- The best time to go mountain hiking is a few hours before sunset if you want to catch a wonderful pastel sky on your way down. Perfect for a kissing session! 🌇 But don’t hike to the top too late either, it might be easy to get lost depending on the trail.
7. 🌇 Beach walk during sunset 🌇
Sunsets are romance goals; we all know it. But what about a flirty walk through the beach AND a wonderful sunset view over the ocean? It’s a whole other level.
- This date works best if your partner enjoys being close to the ocean and taking part in activities that allow you both to slow down for a moment.
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Quality Time’ since you can find a quiet spot at the beach and enjoy some alone time whilst watching the sunset.
- Incredibly romantic and inexpensive date idea that’s perfect for kissing? Check. Beach walks at sunset are completely free and utterly sweet.
- Pick a quiet and fairly isolated beach for your walk. That way you can get as much privacy as possible on your date and allow for some smooching to unfold.
- If you truly want to enhance this date, find a nearby restaurant with the most breathtaking ocean views and make a reservation there. It could be either before or after your walk at sunset, whichever dinner time works best for you and your bae.
8. 🐎 Horse-drawn carriage ride 🐎
This date idea for kissing is also a rom-com classic. If you’re in the mood for feeling like the main couple of a popular love story, this is the plan for you.
- This date works best if your partner is a horse lover and enjoys grand romantic gestures.
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Receiving Gifts’ since you’ll treat them to a lovely carriage ride.
- The prices for this romantic date start at $120 for a half an hour ride and can go up to $260 for a longer ride with add-ons included.
- The best times for this date would be during the evening or early night to increase the romantic ambiance of your ride. The night is perfect for cuddling!
- If you want to make it the most over-the-top date possible, then you should book a deluxe romantic carriage tour. It usually includes a longer ride, champagne, blankets, and red roses. 💌
9. 🌦️ Dance in the rain 🌦️
Another movie-featured moment, dancing in the rain is a sweetheart‘s classic. It’s a fun, simple, and adorable way of spending time with your bae.
- This date works best if your partner enjoys cheesy plans and doesn’t mind getting soaked by the rain (and piña coladas!) ⛆
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Physical Touch’, as you’ll be dancing together and being in close contact with each other for the entire time.
- This is a really cute inexpensive date idea! All you need is you, your bae, rain, and perhaps some romantic music.
- First off, check the weather report to see when it’ll rain. If you are caught by the rain off-guard then you can always be spontaneous and improvise a date right there and then!
- The perfect way to end this date is with a delicious dinner inside the house, right before cuddling with your bare, all wrapped up in a cosy blanket. If you have a fireplace (and it’s rather cold in your area) be sure to light it up to create the perfect romantic ambiance! ❤️🔥
10. 😘 Show your partner around secret spots at your university / college 😘
What’s sweeter than a trip down memory lane? Showing your partner your favourite spots at your university can be an unexpectedly amazing date idea.
- This date works best if your partner wants to know more about your uni days and doesn’t mind a few kissing sessions on your preferred hiding spots around campus. 😉
- The Love Language of your partner most suited to this activity would be ‘Words of Affirmation’ because this date is perfect for some heartfelt conversations about how much you love having them in your life.
- The great thing about exploring around campus? It’s completely free! This is a nostalgic and sweet inexpensive date idea.
- You probably want to visit the university on a less crowded day. Saturdays, Sundays or evenings are your best bet if you want to be able to sneak around your favorite hiding spots.
We researched the popularity of all these dates (employing Google’s keyword search data) and found that the classic ‘movie date with premium tickets’ was the most popular date in this category. The horse-drawn carriage date idea was the least searched category – so if you want to make sure you stand out, this is a perfect choice.
That was all about our top 10 date ideas for kissing! We hope you gathered a little inspiration! A more flirtatious date can be a fun and romantic alternative to the good old dinner and a movie plan. It’s always sweet to show affection to your partner. So, don’t be shy and kiss your bae! 😘